Private cloud. The cloud infrastructure is operated solely for an organization. It may be managed by the organization or a third party and may exist on premise or off premise.
Benefits. These are the same benefits that are covered in Cloud Value Proposition. In addition,
- applications or sensitive data remain in your private network
- owned and managed by your organization
- ability to determine all aspects of your systems incluing architecture, access, data location, user experience, etc.
- accountability and view in to all systems
- more efficient and potentially lower cost than your existing sytems
Risks/Considerations. These are the sames risks identified in Cloud Risks. In addition to
- increased complexity
- increated management requirements
- increaed costs